3 minute read
Build your brand and drive growth with strategic content
By Mark Glucki
Blogging has become a crucial aspect of content marketing. Regularly producing and publishing high-quality blog content can help businesses build brand awareness, generate trust and credibility with prospects, and increase organic discoverability. Despite these virtues, it can be challenging to get buy-in from CMOs and other senior leadership to invest resources in developing blog ecosystems and high-value content libraries.
Marketing professionals must therefore build the business case for producing and publishing regular blog content — and showcase how that content can drive brand engagement and tie back to corporate objectives (including lead generation).
Is content marketing still relevant?
You bet it is!
The importance of content marketing in today's digital landscape has been proven time and again. Content marketing generates 3X more leads than traditional marketing and costs 62% less. According to HubSpot, businesses that publish 16 or more blog posts per month get 4.5X more leads than those that publish fewer than 4 blog posts per month.
So, how can you convince your C-suite that regularly producing and publishing blog content is the right thing for your business? Here are some key points to consider:
- Building brand awareness: Blogging is a great way to build brand awareness. By creating content that addresses your target audience's pain points and interests, you can attract more visitors to your website and expose them to your brand. This, in turn, increases the likelihood that they will remember your brand and consider it when making purchase decisions.
- Building trust with prospects: Regularly publishing high-quality blog content can help build trust with your prospects. By providing them with helpful and informative content, you establish your business as an authority in your industry, which can increase their confidence in your ability to deliver on your promises.
- Gaining credibility: In addition to building trust with prospects, blogging can also help you gain credibility within your industry. By providing valuable insights and analysis, you can establish yourself and your business as a thought leader. This can lead to increased recognition, speaking opportunities, and other forms of industry recognition that can further enhance your credibility.
- Improving online search visibility: Blogging can also help improve your online search visibility. By incorporating keywords and phrases that your target audience is searching for, you can increase the likelihood that your blog posts will appear in search results. This, in turn, can drive more traffic to your website and increase the likelihood of generating leads.
- Sales enablement: Regularly producing and publishing blog content can also help your sales team. By providing them with relevant and informative content, they can use it to nurture leads and move them further along the sales funnel. This can help increase the likelihood of closing deals and generating revenue for your business.
Get inside the mind of your CMO: What should a Director of Marketing or Senior Marketing Manager prepare to get approval on their content marketing strategies? What does a CMO want to see in your planning and reports to approve budget and future resources? Find out.
Connect blogs to business goals
To create an integrated strategy that ties to your company objectives, consider the following steps:
- Set content marketing goals: Define what you want to achieve with your blog content. Do you want to increase website traffic, generate more leads, or establish your people as thought leaders? Setting clear goals will help you determine what kind of content to create and how to measure success.
- Identify your target audience: Determine who your target audience is and what kind of content they are interested in. This will help you create content that resonates with them and drives engagement.
- Create a content calendar: Create a content calendar that outlines what kind of content you will create, when it will be published, and who will be responsible for creating it. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you are publishing content on a regular basis.
- Promote your content: Once you have created your content, promote it on social media and other channels to increase its reach. This will help drive more traffic to your website and increase engagement with your brand.
- Measure success: Finally, measure the success of your blog content by tracking metrics such as website traffic, leads generated, and social media engagement.
A winning content strategy
Regularly producing and publishing high-quality blog content is a key component of a successful content marketing strategy. Building brand awareness, gaining trust and credibility, improving online search visibility, and enabling sales teams, businesses can drive more leads and revenue.
And of course, to ensure success, it's important to set clear goals, identify your target audience, create a content calendar, promote your content, and measure the outcomes.